Ingredients 4 servings (time prep 5′ | cook 15′):
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed plus
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 4 salmon filets, skin on (center cut)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Stir together balsamic vinegar, water, lemon juice, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat, not smoking. Increase heat to high, add salmon skin side up, and sear until well browned, about 4 minutes.
Turn fish over and sear until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more.
Transfer salmon to plates and carefully add vinegar mixture to skillet (liquid will bubble vigorously and steam).
Simmer, stirring, until thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 2 minutes.
Spoon glaze over salmon.