Ingredients (time prep 10′ | cook 25′):
- dash olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic (optional)
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 small fist sized potatoes (optional), cubed
- 1l stock (flavor of choice)
- 250ml double cream, plus extra to serve
- gorgonzola (optional)
- chili to spice it up – I like to add it, personal favorite
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion, garlic and sautée until softened. Add the broccoli florets, the potatoes for consistency, chili, salt and freshly ground black pepper, the stock and simmer for five minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- Stir in the cream. Blend with a hand blender until smooth. I personally give it another boil after adding the cream, so that it doesn’t ferment later on.
- Pour into a bowl and finish with a swirl of cream, or here you can add / replace the cream with bits of gorgonzola. Serve with toast.
Yields 4 servings… I think :)